CUET: DU colleges says admission process is going to be simpler this time
CUET: DU colleges says admission process is going to be simpler this time
New Delhi: As Delhi University (DU) is admitting students through CUET scores instead of their class 12 marks, several colleges said the admission process is simpler for them this time. The university announced on Wednesday the much-awaited first list of seat allocation for undergraduate programs, marking the commencement of the third and last phase of the admission process.
READ | IIT Roorkee researchers develop breath-based cancer detector
Manoj Sinha, principal of Aryabhatta College, said, "It is much simpler for colleges and for students. Sitting within the comfort of their home, they can discuss with their peers which college and course to choose. There are fewer chances of over-admissions as DU will be allotted seats."
Till last year, DU carried out admissions on the basis of cut-offs and colleges had to admit students meeting the cut-offs even if that meant admitting 100 students for 20 seats, but principals said the scenario has changed now.
Gyantosh Jha, principal of Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, said that earlier colleges had to decide on cut-offs, release them, and then admit students.
READ | 9 Gujarat Vidyapith trustees resign over governor Devvrat’s appointment as chancellor
This year, Delhi University is admitting students through CUET scores. On September 12, the university released the Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS), its admission-cum-allocation policy.
Admission through the CSAS is being conducted in three phases - submission of the application form, selection of programs and filling of preferences, and seat allocation and admission.
The university has advised candidates to ensure that they secure their admission to the seat allocated to them, whenever it is offered.